Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Tribute To Actor Murali






I was in lab when the news of actor Murali's death spread.There were no "Oh my god" reactions.Murali was no Rajini or Kamal.He was a small actor with a limited fanbase.I once so convincingly felt that Murali had no fans on earth but whenever I went to Madurai,I was awestruck by the posters celebrating "Manuneedhi thandha Mannane"(Manuneedhi was a dud which ran for less than 5 days across the globe).Wherever I went,I saw posters of a dark Murali smiling in flexboards,posters and cutouts.I asked my uncle,"why is Murali so famous in Madurai?".He told me,"Nothing like that.There is a single fan of Murali who is doing all this."My respect for Murali grew because in an age in which fans keep jumping to an actor who has more fans already,Murali was able to retain a single fan of his for more than 15 years without giving a single noteworthy hit.
Murali was a dedicated actor whose legacy made my friend quip,"kadaisi varaikum love solamale sethu poyitare!".I was shocked to know that a person who turned into a star with "Idhayam" died of a heart attack.To me,Murali was about the natural acting singer in "Pudhu Vasantham",the ever-loving college student in umpteen movies and also about that single fan who will paste posters all around Madurai wailing "Uyir neetha anbu thalaiva".Tamil cinema has always been more about fans than stars.
I express my deepest condolence to the actor's family and friends.


RIP Murali Sir 


Article by Pritham Richlin

3 comments:

  1. A true inspiration to ME a real HERO RIP Murali Sir

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love murali !!! really a better actor than ppl who call themselves actors !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Murali is much better than the so called actors these days. He had given other actors a run for their money during his heydays. Absolutely love his work in Porkkaalam. He was one great actor who could emote so well. Anandham & Kadal Pookal were perfect examples of his great acting. Personally i feel that this article even though it is a tribute, takes potshot at the actor. 15 years without a single hit-oh! come on ...the man's heydays were from the late 90's to the early 2000's. He has given more hits than clearly any actor in this decade. Just because he was under rated doesn't mean he is a small actor. Tamil Cine industry has lost a great actor & a wonderful entertainer. RIP :(

    ReplyDelete