Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

THE CRITICAL PHASE


THE CRITICAL PHASE


Hmmm….. u might be wondering what I mean here by critical phase ?? ...... Well this is the phase in which the world of engineering students in r country (esp. :Tamil Nadu)  face.I basically feel this engineering world is divided into two categories …

The first category is the set of students who have decided their careers beyond engineering and working towards it and some being placed already …. Whereas the other category is of large dominance….

That is the other set of students sitting idle not knowing what they gonna do after 6 months not being placed . Sitting on the comp and logging in to Face Book.

AND I’m definitely part of the second category…   and as  the
famous quote says” jack of all and master of none” !!   Well tat really suits me , have many plans but none have I chosen one sincerely and worked towards to it !!!
Well this is  the phase which I’m going through and I’m sure most of u out there are going through this similar phases

What happens in this phase is …..
When u go out to social functions r party’s r anywhere else….. ur relatives, cousins , uncles and aunties whom they see u after a long time the first question when they meet u is

Oh hi Ashwin !… how u doing ? ”…" So u doing ur final year rite…. So got placed ? ”…. “ Did the top companies come “ ......“ How is the placement going ? ” ..... And such questions go bizarre when I don answer them because nothing is in my list…nor do  the good companies come… and then the next question they shoot at u  “ K leave the placement… So how is ur final year project goingAnd what is ur project based on ? “..

And I’m like .. “  WTF  ”… I've just decided my group mates and the project is still in a dilemma Not knowing what to do …and this relative of mine is FIRING questions at me….. and when I try to tell them something… ..They add insult to injury by saying “ my neighbors’ son/daughter is doing this great project and he r she is already placed in this top company

ZZZZzzzzz”…
  I just get irritated on the inside and  give them a nice smile and I immediately  take my phone out as if I’ve got a call and try to avoid them the whole function……Game over…. !! :)
But is it really game over ?? …. When u sit and think and look around….. you check out wat ur top friends doing…. And they will be saying … “dude im studying for my gre/cat exams…. Ill be writing this nov/dec” …fine…there r  others saying “ hey ive written my exams and ive got this score and im applying for this so and so university “…. Tolerable…and others ” I've already got into this university ….. will be leaving in 6months time …… some already left “…….

THESE WORDS “GRE” “CAT”  “XAT” “MAT” “GATE”  etc etc….. just pisses me of…. Maybe if I had taken the same path .. I wouldn’t haven written this article…… I would have been busy preparing for them……but tats not the case here…..
Its not only getting pissed off for this  …..Recently I was talking to my friend and he says he’s got this job in the middle east and he’s got this good pay/package …..  Definitely at the first instant I was and I am still happy for him . .. but on the  other hand I look at me and I find this jealousy  flowing inside in my veins……. Well guess every n has their own destiny and only this jealously will make us think more and make us reach r own destiny !!
So what would be the solution for this…. well I’m in the same phase as of most of u are… so I won’t nor  could i  give u any advices  …but one thing …. just try to cross this critical phase of engineering with lot of “ PATIENCE “ and hope everything will get into place !!

article by ASHWIN KARTHIKEYAN

14 comments:

  1. Hey mate..i m also sailing in the same boat..I too get calls from my relatives..oh final year..bright future..brilliant guy & rest u can guess ..reaally nice one as it reflects the cureent scenario..keep up the good show..il be joining soon..after 4th Dec..:-):-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. pozac don worry da u can join me and risk in our business... bring 15 l investment and we ll take u as our partner:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha.... sure sure... guess after engineering i will have to look into tat option !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. But i think tat ur frm d "The first category"....anyway its cool...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nope boss... none of the first category is in my list !! :) ... im waiting to cross this critical phase !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ash we've got a job in hand...keep it a top secret :)..!! and bout the above article everyone is in the same leaky boat so don worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol lol .... plz mudings of india... guys this girl is preparing for GATE !! ... so guess im not in ur boat !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha well dis is a vry common issue n evy1s lyf.. almst many of us go thro dis phase ashwin..its jus dat we gt to thnk lil an becum much mre serious an gve a thought abt our next phase an once u r clear abt thngs jus work on it an jus go on..im sure ull reach ur destination

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes its a current scenario in many ppls lives.... so tats y ive written this article..... s s working hard is the best sol to cross this critical phase.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gud n ashwin... !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 more to go machi i want publicity like this for every post

    ReplyDelete
  12. machi 2 more to go i want publicity like this for every post da

    ReplyDelete